Discretionary Grants Program
The 2020 Discretionary Grants program is closed.
We will open the 2021 Discretionary Grants program on December 14, 2020.
Discretionary Grants are awarded on a rolling basis throughout the year. The program provides grants of up to $10,000 to fund small, discrete, time-limited projects and activities that are closely related to our mission. Awards under this program average $5000 - $6000.
Please note that at this time MeHAF will not be funding projects focused on responding to the COVID-19 pandemic under the Discretionary Grants program.
Successful Discretionary Grant Proposals:
- Respond to an emerging issue or current need
- Plan for, pilot, or implement a new or creative approach to better serve groups or populations
- Focus on groups or populations that face disproportionate barriers to accessing health services and achieving the best possible health
How to Apply for a Discretionary Grant
Interested applicants may submit an initial letter of inquiry (LOI) electronically by clicking the “Manage Your Grant” link on the left sidebar of this page.
If the LOI is approved by MeHAF staff, a full application will be requested. PLEASE NOTE: An organization can receive only one Discretionary Grant per calendar year.
- Projects must have a clear start and end date and be completed within a 12-month period.
- Projects must have a projected start date no earlier than six weeks from the date of submission of the LOI.
- Upon completion of the project, grantees will be required to submit brief narrative and financial reports and asked to schedule a debrief call with the Program Officer.